Luis Suarez to MLS? Offers to pay Gremio to terminate contract

Luis Suarez is doing everything in his power to force a move to MLS and reunite with Lionel Messi. Even though the Uruguayan is undergoing treatment for his right knee, he is willing to pay his club to move. Brazilian outfit Gremio may not be as open to letting Suarez go. The club's manager says […]

Brasileiro League

/ 2 days ago

Flamengo TV Schedule for viewers in the United States

Our Flamengo TV schedule has everything you'll need to keep up with one of Brazil's legendary clubs. The red and black of Flamengo is iconic in South American football (or futebol, as it were), and the club has never been relegated from the Brazilian top tier. Where can I watch the Flamengo match? Flamengo on […]

Brasileiro League

/ 4 days ago

Palmeiras TV schedule for viewers in United States

Our Palmeiras TV schedule will get you all set to watch one of Brazil's top clubs. Palmeiras dates back to the early 20th century, and the three-time South American champions boast a colorful history. Where can I watch the Palmeiras match? Palmeiras on TV and streaming: U.S. only: Founded: 1914Stadium: Allianz ParqueManager: Abel FerreiraBrazilian top-flight […]

Book Review

/ 14 days ago

Book Review for 'Flamengo: Winning All the Cups'

Brazil is to soccer what New Orleans is to jazz – the most beautiful form it can take. Brazil is always a contender to win the men's World Cup or any other competition it plays in. The national side sacks managers for only reaching the quarterfinals but no further. A last-eight finish is a waste […]

Brasileiro League

/ 15 days ago

Top 5 most competitive soccer leagues in the world

It can get tiring watching predictable leagues. For instance, it can get boring seeing Bayern Munich dominate the German Bundesliga time and time again. Winning the Meisterschale eleven times in a row takes away some of the intrigue for neutrals. Meanwhile, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and occasionally Atletico Madrid all vie for the title in LaLiga. […]

Brasileiro League

/ 19 days ago

Corinthians supporters attack team's player at hotel

Corinthians midfielder Luan faced an attack from supporters of the club while the player was at the team hotel on Tuesday. Reports out of Brazil claim that the player was dragged out of his hotel by fans. They demanded that Luan terminate his current contract. The 30-year-old midfielder suffered minor injuries in the assault. Corinthians […]

Brasileiro League

/ 79 days ago

Manchester City's City Football Group buys 13th club

City Football Group, the parent company for Manchester City, bought a 13th club to add to its portfolio. Brazilian outfit Bahia is the latest to join the ranks of the group, and it is the second out of South America. On Thursday, City Football Group purchased 90% of the company. The remaining 10% remains with […]

Brasileiro League

/ 96 days ago

Brasileirão games being investigated for match-fixing

Brazilian authorities announced at least six Brasileirão matches from last year are under investigation for match-fixing. Police officials recently raided homes of businessmen and players allegedly associated with the infractions. This widespread blitz reportedly involved defendants across 16 cities in six Brazilian states. Players in 11 games offered thousands of dollars The initial investigation back […]

Brasileiro League

/ 108 days ago

Brazil breakaway league hires US agency as advisor

Global media company 1190 Sports has been hired to help create a new breakaway soccer league in Brazil. The agency will attempt to develop a business strategy and television distribution plan for the Liga Forte Futbol (LFF). 1190 Sports has experience in this area, as they are currently in a similar role with Brazil's top […]

Brasileiro League

/ 109 days ago

How to watch the Brasileirão on US TV

You can watch the Brasileirão on US TV and streaming. The Brasileirão, otherwise known as the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, is the top flight of Brazilian soccer. With clubs like Flamengo, Santos, Corinthians and Palmeiras, the national league in Brazil is rife with top teams. At the same time, it constantly produces top products. Many […]

Brasileiro League

/ 201 days ago

Brazil considers breakaway league to rival Premier League

Brazil regularly generates some of the top soccer players in the world. Neymar, Vinicius, Gabriel Jesus, Rodrygo, and Richarlison currently headline a national team that is one of the most talented groups in the world. And that's only their top attacking options. However, the country's best players tend to transfer to European clubs. Officials inside […]